Monday, January 28, 2013

Life of Pi


"If we citizens do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the crude altar of reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams" xi

"To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation." 36

"All living things contain a measure of madness that moves them in strange, sometimes inexplicable ways." 51

"Truly I am in a sacred cosmic womb, a place where everything is born, and it is my sweet luck to behold its living core." 60

"I sometimes came out of that bakery feeling heavy with glory.  I would climb onto my bicycle and pedal that glory through the air." 78

"Evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out." 90

"Life is a peephole, a single tiny entry into a vastness--how can I not dwell on this brief, cramped view I have of things? This peephole is all I've got!" 224

No comments:

Post a Comment