Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Small Collection of Big Thoughts

Finished my little winter book yesterday morning.  Here are some things that came out of this time of contemplation:

"Open your horizons and see all the options you have.  Then you will truly be fortunate." --A fortune cookie I got in mid-December

"Never let your fear decide your fate" --that song that got stuck in my head around Christmas time at the frame shop

"There's so much we can know without knowing" --to the rhythm of my footsteps in Newark

"Yes, the world does fall apart...but not in the way we fear"
"The greatest gift we can give one another is wonder"
"Why write what you know?  Instead, write what you FEEL"  
"You can move much faster if you are healthy first than if you are wealthy first" --a few TED talks in January

"I've been thinking about our fortune/and decided that we're really not to blame" --Moody Blues, early February

"I wish that I could take you to a bridge/We could see that everything was water/Underneath the bridge" --Birdie Busch

"My alone feel so good, I'll only have you if you're sweeter than my solitude" --A friend's blog

"People come in and out of your life like an accordion.  Don't try to stop it breathing" --a thought on the way home from the Crane art gallery on the Ides of March

"You can't be fully present when you're waiting for something" --a quote on the wall of my new bedroom

"I think it's alright/if I feel both heavy and light" Birdie Busch, from the song "South Philly", which is playing right now.

...and now it's time to turn the corner into spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment